Monday, March 1, 2010

Be careful what you wish for!

On my blog yesterday, I asked the universal powers for one more day added to the weekend. So what did I get? One more day added to my weekend. Unfortunately, that additional day is courtesy of Maya getting sick again. So my brown-eyed girl feels icky and I have to use yet another sick day. I have literally worked one full week since we came back from Christmas break, between district holidays, doctor's appointments, and snow days. My goal was to build up a nice stash of personal days. It looks like that won't be happening anytime over the next, what, 18 years? And why is it that it's always the mommy who has to stay home when the kid gets sick? I actually wouldn't mind so much if Matt could just transfer some of his personal days to me. I love that idea. I wish I could make that happen. Hey, powers-that-be, can I get a little help with that request?

1 comment:

  1. If Layla gets sick or we are short a babysitter or something Justin stays home b/c he gets sick days, I work contract so I don't, and I make more then him. Sometimes I wish I could be the one at home! Hope she starts to feel better =)

    ReplyDelete